Jonathan Becker boldly reflects on LeaderTalk:
However, what troubles me more is the mounting evidence that even where we have managed to create diverse/integrated schools, there is extensive within-school segregation by race. For example, students of colour are disproportionately:
- overrepresented in special education;
- underrepresented in gifted and talented programs;
- underrepresented in the highest level academic tracks (including AP courses);
- overrepresented in the population of students subject to serious discipline (suspension, expulsion, etc.);
- under-served by highly qualified and/or highly experienced teachers.
Collectively, at the very least, I believe that these empirical facts amount to a violation of the Equal Protection Clause of the 14th Amendment of the U.S. Constitution.
Powered by ScribeFire.
One response to “Amen of the day on this US Martin Luther King jr Day”
I made a Dr. Martin Luther King Jr. Day video that I think EVERYONE will enjoy. It’s really short, and should put a smile on your face.
Happy Dr. Martin Luther King Jr. Day everybody